Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Language
 
The "By Heart" word for this week is the word "with". This is not one of the kindergarten words. However, I have found that the children require this word many times when they are writing and it is found in many of the little books the SK children are bringing home. Recognition of this word will assist the children with their reading and writing.
 
The Jolly Phonic sound for this week is the "y" sound. I thank the parents for practising all the sounds with their children. I am noticing a tremendous difference in the children's ability to identify the sounds without too much hesitation. 
 
After this week, I plan on revisiting the sounds, but will not send home a sheet for the children. Hopefully, parents have kept the sheets that have been sent home on a weekly basis. I want to repeat the sounds so the children, especially JK will further their understanding to assist them as SK's next year. Also, the children are not ready for the following blend sounds, ch, th, sh, or the long vowel sounds. I will save those to do near the middle or end of April.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment