Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

I wonder...
 
The other day we were reading a book called "My Friend Rabbit." This is an excellent book about friendship and there is very little text and the pictures are excellent to tell a story and the illustrations are hilarious. The children were laughing the real belly type of laugh.The day we were reading this story it was raining outside.
 
So after the story I had the children look out the window to watch the rain and tell me what they noticed. There was wonderful discussion, but then one of the children asked why there were not any worms outside in the rain? This one question caused a frenzy of "I wonders..." from many of the children. I have decided to share these with all the parents.
 
I wonder where worms go in the winter?
I wonder if worms have ears? If not how do they hear things?
I wonder if worms have eyes? How do they see if they don't have eyes?
I wonder if a worm breaks in to can it go back together?
I wonder what worms eat?
I wonder how many babies worms have?
I wonder how if worms come from mommies or eggs?
I wonder what worms houses look like?
I wonder if worms have houses?
I wonder how worm babies are born? 
 
 
So I have decided some time in the very near future I will have to buy some worms and bring them into the class so we can investigate and make observations about worms.

No comments:

Post a Comment