Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dramatic Play Centre

The grocery store is not as popular as it was a few days ago. Therefore, I surveyed the children for ideas for the dramatic play centre. Here are some of their ideas:
castle
bakery
zoo
animal kingdom
restuarant
ninja house
Once again there was a vote and the winner for this time is to have the dramatic play centre be a bakery.
At this time I am requesting some of the following items:
pot holders
oven mitts
wooden spoons
measuring cups and measuring spoons
flour sifter
whisks
rolling pins
clear packaging that muffins, cookies, etc comes in from the bakery
I have one little chef hat and two aprons. I want to try to make a few more chef hats but they will be from paper, rather than cloth/material.
another else you feel will work well

I plan on getting a box for the children to paint and decorate to become a microwave and then one for an oven. The children will make a sign for the bakery and we will use playdough. I plan on also trying have some felt pieces that the children can use to pretend they are cookies, cakes, etc. We do have a cash register and a long time ago I bought a cookie/lemonade stand so I think we will use it as a counter.
The children become very excited when the dramatic play centre changes from one thing to another. The new centre will gradually be offered at the beginning of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment