Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

New Idea
 
I want to introduce the children to a new idea, which is an "I wonder..." board. I plan to have chart paper on the bulletin board and have sticky notes and pencils near the chart paper. The children will write an "I wonder" about anything they actually wonder about. Young children are very curious and often ask many questions. I want to celebrate their questions. On Friday, I will choose one of the "I wonder" questions and read it to the class. As a group we will brainstorm ideas that we think we know about the question and examine places where we can find the answers. This will offer the children ways to research a variety of topics and may even lead to more "I wonder" questions. If your child asks an "I wonder" question at home, jot it down and send it in. It may be something that many of the children are curious about. Some questions will be worth examining and some not as much, because perhaps the answer if very obvious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment