Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Fairy Land
 
Some of the girls in the class have been talking about fairies and bringing some of their little fairies to school. So I decided to create a little fairy land for the children to role play some of the adventurers the fairies could have. First I went to the dollar store and bought four little fairies, feathers, pom poms, shells, shiny stones, flower petals (about 5 different kinds). Then when grocery shopping I bought a big bag of rice and dyed the rice green to represent grass.
 
 
Little did I know that fairy land would be popular not only with the girls in the class, but also the boys, especially the boys in the afternoon class.
 
The boys in the morning told me I need to create some kind of the land for them. So now the wheels in my brain are turning. But instead I have decided to turn it over to them and they can tell me what I need to make it the land they want it to be. This way they will take more ownership of the land. Here is a picture of fairy land for all to see.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment