Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Mathematics   Subtraction
 
The children will be introduced to subtraction. I plan to do this first through fingerplays and the choose children to act it out. A great song we will use is 10 in the bed. I want the children to notice when we subtract one number from another number the number becomes smaller. After a few days of acting it out during large group time, the children will have a subtraction station with a few different games between this week and next week. At this time I am looking for parents to donate egg cartons to me. I would love to have four or five of them and need them for this week.
 
I found this link on the internet for early counting, addition and subtraction. It appears to be something most of the children could do with some adult assistance.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment