Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Mixing Colour and Shades of Colour
 
 
During the last two weeks when painting, I have heard comments from the children such as:
-look I made purple when I put red and blue together
-I made orange with red and yellow
There were other colour discoveries too. Then one girl commented: I wonder how I can get the purple to be lighter and a boy wanted the orange to be darker. I explained to the children there were different shades of many colours. I pulled out one of the purple paint chip cards. The children examined it for awhile and asked how these colours were made.
 
This little learning experience caused me  to think about how there are so many different shades of colours in the environment and in the classroom. This week at the creation centre the children will be offered three different colours of paint and see what the children do with the paint and examine all the different shades of one colour they are able to create. It will be interesting to see where the learning takes them and what they wonder and learn from the activity. I love when the children help me to design the learning experiences!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment