Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pet Shop
There is an update for the pet shop. The students are loving the pet shop and the novelty is not slowing down in the least. The customers are buying pets and the cashier is selling pets and the students requested some new things last week so they could be doctors and nurses in the pet shop, when the pets become sick. Well today, one the JK boys came to me and told me they needed a sign for the pet shop. The sign had to be an open and closed sign and the sign needed to flip flop. I challenged the students to explain why they needed a closed sign and they explained, "when the pets are sick nobody can buy them until the doctors and nurses make them better". I asked why and one of the girls explained, "if the pets leave the shop without medicine and they are sick then they could die and the owner would be very sad".
The group of four decided one side of the sign could be white for open and the other side red for closed. They all wanted to print the sign, but decided two SK girls were better printers then anyone else. I felt I had to share the learning with all the parents. Here are pictures of the signs.
 

 
The two signs were stapled together and when the students decide it should be open the open sign is up and when closed then I change the sign. I hope all the parents are as impressed with the wonderful learning as I am. The students are wonderful at creating their own learning experiences.


No comments:

Post a Comment