Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Have you ever passed an aisle in the dollar store and asked yourself, "I wonder what I can use that for"? Well the other day when I was in the dollar store (a teacher's dream place) I saw this plastic silver trays and bought them and I pondered the same question.

The other day I placed the two silver trays at a table with a huge container of different coloured beads and made a sign. This was a invitation for the students to examine and create something that they desired and then after they finished their creation we would talk about what they made and what they noticed.

The students created wonderful things. They talked about the patterns they saw and the various designs they created. I have included just a few samples for you to see how creative the young students are when offered with a very simple invitation.



 
This was the invitation that was at the table for the students.
 
Here are some of their designs, patterns and creations
 


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment