Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

 
The Pet Shop   
 
It was a very exciting time in the Kindergarten room this morning and afternoon. The children were lining up patiently waiting for a time in the Pet Shop. They were so adorable and very understanding when told they may not have a turn until another day.
I placed pipe cleaners in there and the students were very busy making collars and leashes for the various animals. The bird and bird cage was a great hit and I thank Eryn and Evan's Nana for the wonderful donation. I found another little bird at my home so the children were thrilled.
The Creation Centre was buzzing with children busy making pictures for the pet shop and even one little girl made the sign Pets Wanted and drew pictures of some pets wanted for the centre.
The cash register was busy as customers were buying various pets and things for the pets.
On Wednesday, I plan to give them paper bags and perhaps they can decorate the front of the bags to represent the various pet foods.
This was a very exciting experience for me to see how attentive the children were to the pets. Our story for today was Arthur's Pet Business and the students were thrilled with the story.
I am hoping the students will come home and share their experiences from the Pet Shop with you and the other members of your family.


No comments:

Post a Comment