Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Pet Shop
 
The pet shop is a wonderful and exciting place in the Kindergarten room. The children are creating paper bags with pet food on the front and they decided to stuff the paper bags with paper towels and then to tie a string around the bag. I finally remembered to bring in some play money, which gave the children the idea of a pet store.
 
The pet shop is buzzing with kind words and on Friday the children were lined up at the cash register to buy the pets. I think the Kindergarten children had their own Black Friday in the pet shop.
 
 
Today I was at Dollarama and behold I found a little doctor kit with the case which I will be sure to add that to the pet shop. I did this because the other day one of the children brought their puppy back to the shop and told the sales clerk her puppy was sick. The salesclerk asked the customer if she exercised her puppy. I overheard the salesclerk tell the customer, "well put her back into her cage and let her have a little nap. When she wakes up you must exercise your puppy by walking it around the store three times. Puppies need exercise and I can tell your puppy has not had any exercise."
 
 
By Heart Words
 
For the week of November 26th our By Heart Words are:    "and"    "yellow".
 
The Jolly Phonic sound for this week is:  "g" sound. We will be learning to put the following sounds together to make a word:   go, get, got, gem, gas, gap, gay, and give. Most of the blending of the sounds are with the short vowel sounds and I try to think of only three sounds. This makes it easier for the children. If your child is an SK I strongly recommend you practise these words and the "by heart words" with your child on a regular basis. I also recommend all the children practise the letters and sounds of the alphabet when they are sent home, to assist them in the area of Literacy.
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment