Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Language
 
For the last week of school before the holidays, the children will listen to a variety of Christmas stories that will hold their interest. They will be encouraged to think about "what the problem is in the story" and the "solution". The teacher read aloud offers the children with opportunities to orally share their thinking about the story and to think about the clues in the story that assisted their thinking. We will begin with "Franklin's Christmas Gift" and of course a favourite of mine will be one of the "David" books by David Shannon.
 
The "By Heart Words for this week are two words "mom" and "dad". These words are good choices since the children will be finishing up their Christmas presents and making cards for their parents this week.
 
 
 
Exciting News
 
 
I am so excited because I have two new followers, which means I am up to five followers now. Just so you know I will not be posting anything onto the blog during the Christmas break because I have promised my husband I will not do any computer work during the holidays. After all a promise is a promise!


No comments:

Post a Comment