Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Math
 
This week the children will be completing a review of patterning and also numerations activities. I want to ease the children back into the program and most of the children are very comfortable with patterning and can name a pattern. I want to observe the children who can successfully and independently create and name a variety of patterns, especially the SK children. Hopefully they will be able to create and name many of the following patterns: ABAB, AABB, ABCABC, AAB, AABBCC.
 
 
In the area of numerations a few of the expectations are: demonstrate an understanding of number relationships for numbers from 0 to 10 ( I know there are 7 counters because all of the ten frame is full except for 3 spaces), begin to make use of one-to-one correspondence in counting objects and matching groups of objects (I counted 5 children so I need 5 napkins), identify which number quantities are more or less (I have 5 marbles and Karen has 3, that means I have more than Karen).

No comments:

Post a Comment