Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Science Learning
 
At the science table I placed a variety of materials such as magnifying glasses, pinecones, bark from a birch tree and some other dried plant materials. I unfortunately am not a plant person and do not know many of the plants names or how to care for them. However, a friend of mine has an excellent green thumb and donated the various materials to me.
 
 
 
 
 
I did not want the children to know the names of these things, instead I wanted them to examine them through the use of magnifying glasses and sketch what they noticed. The second part of this discovery centre was I hoped it would generate discussion, rich wonderings, and wonderful describing words. I was amazed at what they noticed and the wonderful sketches that were made in a short time period.
 
One of the JK children decided that we needed to have another board and name it Science Learning!
 
Some of the wonderful sketches are hanging there for all to see. I scribed some of the describing words and wonderings on their paper.
You may not be able to read the printing but you will be amazed at the sketching and work produced. I am very proud of their learning and sharing and the important thing is so are the children!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment