Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Science

I was able to purchase a couple of large magnets, which I plan to place at the discovery centre. Included at the discovery centre will be a variety of materials that are magnetic and others that are not. The children will have opportunities to sort the items into the two various categories. I will ask the children to tell me what they learned while working at the centre.

On a little different note, I hope to be able to create a dinosaur land for the children. They will use Plasticine to create volcanoes, because they told me volcanoes would be needed for a dinosaur land. They also told me we would need: little rocks which I have, bones, trees, grass, and big rocks, which I think they can make. If anyone has some trees and bones they could let us use for this sensory bin that would be wonderful. Anything else you can think of for dinosaur land would also be greatly appreciated. This is a work in progress. The items can not be too big because the sensory bin is not large.

No comments:

Post a Comment