Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Blending Paint Colours
 
The students have been learning how to blend primary paint colours to create secondary paint colours. This month is an excellent opportunity with pumpkins all around us in the season of fall. I gave the children a paper plate with yellow, red, and blue paint and asked them to paint a big orange pumpkin with a green stem. The different shades of orange and green were wonderful.
The next day the students used black, white or yellow paper to add eyes, nose and mouth, so the pumpkins now became Jack-o-Lanterns. I have included some of the paintings for everyone to enjoy. No two are the same. We have true artists in the Kindergarten classroom!
 
 



 
I made one orange pumpkin and then the other one I added more and more yellow to get the light orange colour. She decided to write beside her pumpkins. One is freaky (frece) and the other is a vampire (vampir) pumpkin.





 
This student told me everybody has an orange pumpkin and I used the paint to make my own colour of pumpkins. I made six pumpkins I know because 3 plus 3 makes 6. Three on the top and three on the bottom. I subitized to get my answer.

 
This is a squished pumpkin on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment