Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

Language

The sound for this week is the short "e" sound. I have attached the jolly phonic page to the right side of the blog. Any of the vowel sounds are more difficult for the students. During large group time, I usually blend the sounds together for the students and they state the word. Some of the words we will be working on are:
pen, sent, bed, set, red, pet, egg, elf, fed, end, met, hen, best, get, men, leg, let, wet, yes.

The "By Heart Word" for this week is "me" and the colour word is "black".  In order to review the "by heart word", twice a week I ask volunteers to find a specific word and bring it to show me. This is mainly for the SK students, but some of the JK students are also learning.

In the area of reading comprehension for this week the focus will many be on listening to a variety of Halloween stories and discussing things from the story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment