Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Mathematics
 
In the area of shapes the students will begin by showing me what they know about a square and then a triangle. In order for me to examine what they already know about these two shapes, one day I will place a square piece of paper on one of the tables and ask the students to be detectives and find as many square shapes in the classroom as possible and place the squares on the square piece of paper. Then I will ask the students to explain to the group what they know about squares.
 
At the creation centre I will place strips of paper and ask the students to create some squares.
 
When I feel the students have a strong sense of squares, they will move onto triangles, both traditional and non-traditional triangles. This learning opportunity comes from the Ministry Kindergarten Curriculum.

No comments:

Post a Comment