Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Sweet Treat Anyone!
 
Well the bakery is up and running. This is a huge success, with many of the students patiently waiting for a turn in the centre. One of the morning boys told me today, "I think you should make a list so the same kids don't go in every day." So this is what we have decided to do. I wish I could post pictures of the students, because they look adorable with their little aprons and hats on. They are taking orders from the customers.
 
One of the girls in the morning class, who loves to write decided to work with me this morning. First she made the sign "Yummy Yummy" that is the name of the morning shop. Then she created a list of the items sold and wrote the prices. She decided to do two copies one for the customers and one for the bakers. She went so far as to show me where to place them on the customer stand so the signs could be seen by both the customer and the bakers. This will be a great reading and writing tool for the bakers.
In the bake shop there are: rolling bins, play dough, little bowls, mixing spoons, measuring cups, measuring spoons, oven mitts and lifters. I had two aprons and two more were donated and I made some baker hats from sentence strips and tissue paper. The students painted two small boxes and one box became the microwave and the other became the oven.
The afternoon class voted to name their bake shop the Sweet Shop. Two girls created the sign for the afternoon shop. I have included a few photos for you to enjoy!




 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment