Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Reading Across Canada
 
Wow! It is amazing because in the Kindergarten class there was 98% of the Kindergarten students returned their Reading Across Canada folders today and everyone of those students moved. I want to thank all the parents for their dedication to this program. You are reinforcing to your child at a very early age that reading is very important and for that I thank you!
 
 
Speaking about reading. When I feel an SK child is ready for reading I choose a book that I feel is at an appropriate reading level for them. Once the SK child has read the book to book, then they are able to bring the book home to read to Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, the dog or anyone else who will listen to them read. The only thing I ask is, if your child brings home a book to read you please return the book back to school after they have read it to you. The books I am sending home are very expensive because they can only be ordered through an educational publisher. Once your child read this book to whoever in the family be sure to record the book in their Reading Across Canada folder. For example, if they read the book four times, then record it four times.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment