Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Language
 
 
 
This week the students will be reviewing the "n sound" in jolly phonics. For this week, the students will offer a word they know that begins or ends with the "n sound" and then I will write the word on the white board. Every once and a while I like to change things up and this is my new strategy. When the students watch me write the word I stretch out the sounds and then they do the same stretching out with me. This way it reinforces for the students the reading strategy of, "when reading and I get to word I don't know I can stretch out the sounds and then figure out the word". They require lots of practise with this skill.
 
 
The students have decided the new By Heart Word for this week should be the word "play" and the word "was". These two words occur very often when the SK students are reading or writing.




No comments:

Post a Comment